In this issue:
- A message from co-chairs Ken Liberman and Aug Nishizaka, including the results of our latest election. Please welcome incoming co-chairs Anne Warfield Rawls and Morana Alač!
- Our 2018 award winners, including Charles Goodwin for the EMCA Garfinkel-Sacks Award for Distinguished Scholarship; Kevin A. Whitehead and Edward Reynolds, for the EMCA Best Paper Award; Amanda McArthur for the EMCA Graduate Student Paper Award; and Darin Weinberg for the Melvin Pollner (1940-2007) Prize in Ethnomethodology. Read the statements from our awards committees and find links to the recognized papers and books.
- The 2018 ASA EMCA schedule, which is also available here on our website.
- Some remarks on Doug Maynard's 2018 Cooley-Mead Award.
- Patrick Watson's report on the New Directions in Ethnomethodology Workshop.
Enjoy! And remember: contact newsletter editor Don Everhart if you would like to be featured in the next edition. His email is enclosed in the newsletter. We welcome announcements, reports, graduate student profiles, and all your EMCA news.